Tuesday 16 June 2009

Ascot Countdown

This is Royal Ascot Week. The races start today and run until Saturday. These are some arty shots of hats I spied in a window of a ribbon shop near Sloane Square. Love the lips, don't you? Someone had kissed the window.

Love the long feather eyelashes too. Where can I get some?
So I was up late last night making my Ascot creation. There's feathers, netting, more feathers, and bits of fluff all over my floor. The first year I made a hat for ascot, I looked like Peter Pan. Let's hope this year I don't end up looking like Captain Hook - he wore a big feather, didn't he?

7 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Wow I love that hat, its gorgeous its a bit like my rose. with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Pili said...

I'm sure you'll look great with your Ascot hat!
Just don't forget to post pictures!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of kissing the dummy,cute.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of kissing the dummy,cute.

Emily said...

Yes, yes, I want pictures of you in your hat!!! I'll be watching for them!

1CardCreator said...

Love your hats! Yours look better than the ones in the window too. ps: I posted instructions for the vellum butterflies on my blog for you, with a link to you for good measure.

lynne said...

wow lovely hats well done lynne xxx