Wednesday 8 July 2009

First Craft Against Cancer Event Organized!

I absolutely love the weird and the unusual, especially in relation to classes. (Keep reading for why this man is wearing this mask.) Since coming to London, I’ve taken what I thought were the most unusual classes I could find: tiara making, children’s illustration, mosaics, feather headpiece class, palm reading, off the body chakra healing, animal healing, etc.
Thus, when I learned that the first event where profits would be donated to the Extremely Crafty Craft Against Cancer campaign for the Royal Marsden was going to be from a “Make Your Own Gent's Cane or Personalise a Parasol” class at The Making Space in London, I was overjoyed. Thank you very much Simon for the generous offer. I absolutely love that people will be crafting canes and parasols for charity.
I never dreamed of making such items, but why not? They look gorgeous. I think more ladies (and men) should personalize their own parasol and twirl them while they walk through the daffodils in the park. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if people actually did that nowadays? What a treat it would be to see.
Simon has the cool job of being an art director on films and TV projects. He trained at RADA and also has held other classes in London such as mask making. How cool. Even if you’re not in London, check out his site and if you’re in London on Thursday 16th July from 6:30-9:30pm, how about joining in the fun at The Making Space, Gales Gardens, behind Bethnal Green Tube Space, London.

5 comments:

Simon Aronson said...

Thanks for such a lovely post! I am really pleased to be involved in this, some of the other workshops that I run include Mask Making, Chainmail for armour and jewelry, glass painting, moulding and casting, and prop gravestone carving amongst others!

join my facebookgroup at:
http://www.themakingspace.co.uk
to be kept up to date about new events!

michele said...

Prop gravestone carving. That would be great to do before Halloween and then you could fill your front lawn with gravestones.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow Michelle your interest in the varied crafts are so inspirational.

Nannieflash said...

Wow Michele, what a gorgeous mask, I love the top of the cane as well. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Anonymous said...

simon is so creative,I wish I could take his class,but I would need wings.